Virtual Tip Jar Instructions
Last updated 1/21/2022
Follow the instructions below to create a PayPal.Me URL so that you can accept donations on LiveLocalINW.com
Step 1: Create A PayPal Account
*Already have a PayPal account? Skip to Step 2!
- Click to sign-up for an account
- Select Business Account
- Click Next
- Enter your email address and click continue
- Create a safe password and click continue
- Fill out the form with your business information, click checkbox agreeing to the terms/policy, and click continue/accept
- Select your business type and fill out the following fields. *Un-check the Business Debit Mastercard offer. Click continue.
- Fill out the form with your personal information and click continue.
- Your account should now be created!
- However, you will need to verify your email address before you can start collecting money. If PayPal didn’t automatically send you an email with a verification link, you can go to your Email Settings, click Edit, and click Confirm this Email. You should then receive an email from email@example.com with a link to confirm your email address.
Step 2: Create A PayPal.Me URL
- Go to https://www.paypal.me/
- Click Create your PayPal.Me link
- If you are not logged in already, you will be prompted to do so
- Add a photo of your business if you’d like or skip by clicking Not Now
- Customize your unique URL by adding your business name in the field after PayPal.Me/
- For example: PayPal.Me/businessnamehere
- If the name has been taken, you might need to make yours more unique by adding numbers or additional words
- Click Next once you find a link that is available
- Click to agree to the Terms & Conditions
- On the next screen you should see a success message and your unique URL
- Copy the URL
- Paste the URL in the Virtual Tip Jar field in the Spokane Marketplace registration form: LiveLocalINW.com/sign-up
- Note that if you are already using a different service to accept donations (i.e. GoFundMe), you can use that URL instead!
- If you’ve already registered, you can add the URL by logging in and then scrolling down to the Tip Jar URL field. Paste your PayPal.Me URL (or another donation URL of your choosing) in this field and then click the Update Business button.